Brands we trust
When you choose Vital Solar for your residential or commercial solar energy system, you’re choosing from a range of brands and products that have been selected for their ethical practices and their suitability for the New Zealand market.
Choosing the right solar product
We are proud to supply and install brands of solar panels and systems that are innovative, reliable and made by companies that share our ethical work standards.
We work with Enphase, SunPower and Schletter because of their superior quality, the suitability of their products for the New Zealand environment, and their ethical production and labour practices.
The Enphase product range is exceptional, with flexible and scalable microinverters that ensure continuous solar production with no single point of failure.
- The Enphase microinverter has no fans, no moving parts and no high-voltage DC – which makes it the safest system on the market. (Watch this cool video for a fire captain’s endorsement of the Enphase system.)
- The defect rate is just 0.05%, meaning a microinverter replacement rate of only one in 2,000.
- Enphase microinverters are IP67 certified – they can endure just about anything Mother Nature sends their way.
- The Enphase microinverter system is the most easily adaptable and scalable system – you can start small and easily add on additional solar panels after your initial installation. There’s no need to worry about whether the system can provide enough power – an Enphase system can be scaled up to 500 panels!
- The Enphase system ensures there is no single point of failure – if for any (rare) reason one of the panels or components stops working, the system can continue to operate rather than shut down. Think of it like a string of Christmas lights where if one bulb blows, the rest continue to work.
- Enphase also offers a hybrid set-up with the new IQ battery, which is designed to work perfectly in sync with your new or existing system.
And if you need another reason to love Enphase, know that many of their products are designed and tested in Christchurch, NZ. So while they’re an American company, their New Zealand lab employs 120 engineers.
Established in 1985 in Silicon Valley, SunPower has been developing and refining solar panels and systems for over 35 years. They now produce some of the highest performing panels on the market that are consistently rated as the most efficient panels globally.
SunPower offers the best warranty options available in the market for solar panels and products. They also have one of the most comprehensive Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) strategies we’ve seen amongst providers of solar panels and products.
- SunPower offers two product ranges for their DC panels – their Performance 6 solar panel range comes with a minimum 25 year warranty, while their Maxeon solar panels carry a 40 year warranty!
- By combining SunPower and Enphase systems, you get the standard Enphase warranty extended from 10 years to 25 years!
- SunPower Maxeon 6 has a whopping 0.25% annual degradation (the lower, the better), so even at year 40 you are guaranteed to still be getting 88.3% power output
- SunPower is fully committed to the ethos of creating a sustainable future by ensuring they provide products made using sustainable practices. Their Conflict Minerals Policy guides them in sourcing products, including minerals, from conflict-free areas.
- Their Human Rights Statement includes strict supply chain guidelines that work towards eliminating human trafficking and slavery. They are the only company that can provide evidence of where every part of the panel comes from.
What comes to mind when you hear the words German engineered? It’s usually quality and attention to detail.
- Schletter has been around since 1968 and designs, engineers and manufactures globally in various regions around the world suitable to that specific market.
- The aluminium that Schletter uses is mined in Australia to ensure they are not enabling any modern slavery practices.
- They use marine grade aluminium which is ideal for many New Zealand properties that are close to the sea.
- All Schletter products are covered by a 25-year warranty.
Ethical mining and production
We’ve researched the products and manufacturing practices of some of the well-known brands, and we are proud to work with ethical companies like Enphase, SunPower and Schletter.
With extensive experience and certification by New Zealand Master Electricians, we are the trusted solar energy systems provider for Kiwi homes and businesses. With the highest level of compliance available in solar installation, we only work with products covered by a manufacturer’s warranty and we guarantee all our workmanship.
Vital Solar is a proud member of SEANZ, the Sustainable Energy Association of New Zealand.
SEANZ is an independent organisation that works hard to drive our sustainable energy future, leading the promotion, support and innovation of solar PV and energy storage technologies.
Because we’re members of SEANZ, we work to a strict SEANZ Code of Conduct. It also means you can apply for financing from your bank for solar energy systems from Vital Solar.